GENERAL TERMS AND CONIDTIONS:
This document lays out the Terms and Conditions which shall be applicable to all the accounts which are existing or may be opened anytime in future with The Surat People’s Co-op Bank. The word I, we, me, my and customer refer to the person(s)who open the account and shall include both singular and plural. Reference to masculine shall include the feminine and neuter gender. The Bank refers to The Surat People’s Co-op Bank Ltd., a banking company incorporated in India under the Multistate Co-operative Society Act.2002 and having its registered office at Vasudhara Bahavan, Nanpura, Timaliyawad, Surat.
- I agree to abide by the Bank’s Terms and Conditions and rules in force and the changes thereto in Terms and Conditions from time to time relating to may account as communicated and made available on the Bank’s website.
- I agree that the opening and maintenance of the account is subject to rules and regulations introduced or amended from time to time by the Reserve Bank of India.
I agree that the Bank before opening any deposit account will carry out a due diligence as required under Know Your Customer guidelines of the Bank. I would be required to submit necessary documents or proofs, such as identity, address, photograph and any such information to meet with KYC, AML or other statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Further, after the account is opened, in compliance with the extant regulatory guidelines, I agree to submit the above documents again at periodic intervals as may be required by the Bank.
- I agree that, under normal circumstances, the Bank has the liberty to close my account at any time by giving me at least 30 days notice. However, if the Average Monthly/Quarterly Balance, is not maintained, the Bank reserve the right to close my account without giving any prior notice.
- I agree that, the bank can at its sole discretion, amend any of the services/facilities given in my account either wholly or partially at any time by giving me at least 30 days notice and /or provide an option to me to switch to other services/facilities.
- I agree that any change in my account status or change of address will be immediately informed to the Bank, failing which I shall be responsible for any non-receipt of communication/deliverables or the same being delivered at my old address.
- I agree that all instructions relating to my account will be issued to the Bank as per acceptable mode of communication to the Bank.
- I agree to preserve my cheque book/ATM Card carefully. In case of loss/theft of the same I shall immediately inform the Bank in writing.
- I agree that I will maintain the minimum balance in my account as prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
- I agree that I shall be liable to pay all charges, fees, interest and costs wherever applicable, which the Bank my levy with respect to my account or any transaction or service rendered and the same may be recovered by the bank by a debit to my account. I agree and acknowledge that in case of non-availability of adequate funds the charges will be debited to the account over as period of time till the entire amount is recovered.
- The Bank reserves the right to refuse Chequebooks, Adhoc Statements, Phone Banking TINs, Net Banking IPINs, Debit Cards & PINs to the customer, in case the Average Monthly/ Quarterly Balance in the account is not maintained, Non-Compliance of KYC guideline.
- I agree that I shall not pay any amount in cash to any Sales Representative of the Bank at the time of opening an account or carrying out any transaction in the normal course of the business. I agree to deposit cash only at the Bank's teller counters at the branch premises.
- I agree that the Bank will send me communications/letters etc. through courier/messenger/mail or through any other mode at its discretion and the Bank shall not be liable for any delay arising there from.
- I agree that the Bank will, unless requested by me in writing to the contrary, issue cheque book on the opening of my account. Further issue of cheque books will be only against written requisition by me or through ATM, PhoneBanking or NetBanking.
- I agree that an account may be opened on behalf of a Minor by his natural guardian or by a guardian appointed by a court of Competent Jurisdiction. The guardian shall represent the Minor in all transactions of any description in the above account until the said Minor attains majority. Upon the Minor attaining majority, the right of the guardian to operate the account shall cease. The guardian agrees to indemnify the Bank against the claim of above Minor for any withdrawal/transactions made by him in the Minor's account.
- I agree and undertake to ensure that there would be sufficient funds/cleared balance/pre-arranged credit facilities in my account for effecting transactions. I agree that the Bank shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of non-compliance by the Bank of my instructions due to inadequacy of funds and the Bank can at its sole discretion decide to carry out the instructions not withstanding the inadequacy of funds without prior approval from or notice to me and I shall be liable to repay with interest the resulting advance, overdraft or credit thereby created and all related charges arising thereby at prime lending rate applicable from time to time. I agree that frequent dishonor of cheques or high value cheque returns due to insufficient funds may lead to discontinuation of cheque books / closure of bank account.
- I agree that in the event of an account being overdrawn, the Bank reserves the right to set off this amount against any credit lying in any of my accounts.
- I agree that the Bank shall not be liable for any damages, losses (direct or indirect) whatsoever, due to disruption or non-availability of any of services/facilities due to technical fault/error or any failure in telecommunication network or any error in any software or hardware systems beyond the control of the Bank.
- I agree that the Bank may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of:
- For participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network
- In compliance with a legal directive
- For credit rating by recognized credit rating agencies
- For fraud prevention purposes
- To credit information bureaus.